Learn how to perform routine or special maintenance tasks on your YerbasCore wallet.
Regular maintenance is recommended for a proper functioning of your wallet.
Restoring from backup
Each time your wallet closes, it automatically makes a backup of your wallet.dat file. These are automatically renamed by their date of creation, and copied to the
backups folder in your YerbasCore Data directory.
- Stop the wallet, wait two minutes.
- Rename the current wallet.dat so it does not get overwritten, if you know for sure it is not used you can delete it.
- Copy in your backup and if necessary rename it to wallet.dat.
- Start your wallet, wait for it to rescan and fully resynchronize with the Yerbas blockchain.
To restore a Yerbascore wallet which is using HD mode with mnemonic phrase see below:
You should always have a recent encrypted wallet.dat backup saved in multiple locations as well as offline, such on a safely stored USB drive. One copy is no copies, two copies is one copy.
Moving Wallet To Another PC
- Close Yerbascore.
- Transfer the wallet.dat file from Yerbascore data directory to the other PC.
- Alternatively you can copy the entire Yerbascore directory over to save time on synchronizing.
- Create the Yerbascore directory on the destination PC, check the Restoring From Backup part of this guide for paths and naming.
- Put your wallet.dat in this directory as well as any other files and folders (if you copied over the entire Yerbascore directory).
- Start Yerbascore.